She is Growing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dining Room Makeover

So this summer Matt and I decided to change the dining room a bit. The only picture I can find was one I took after we had started the project. So here is the before!

I stopped after a full weekend of painting and it turned out looking like this.


Matt and I agreed that it still needing something. So we added the top color in November. We wanted a slight transition so the top is not too different from the original light khaki but it now flows much better into the ceiling and the rest of the house. Yes I am just now posting all this. Forgive me!



Just an update on our weight loss!
Matt has lost 67 lbs. He is so dedicated!
Allison has lost 22. I have hit goal weight and am working on now keeping it off!

~Allison

7 comments:

Paige said...

Beautiful dining room! I like your style!

The Williams Family said...

wonderful dining room. We just got new dining room furniture but we haven't picked out paint. I think I will go to Copa. I will get in touch with you next week.

Jocelyn said...

I found your blog through Allison (my husband is good friends with her hubby Justin) and I love how you did the stripes in your dining room! I've painted a few walls in my home, but never seem to have great luck with the blue tape when it comes to making very straight edges. Any tips to share? Whenever I paint one of our guest bedrooms, I'd love to do something similar to what you did in your dining room.

The Hines Family said...

It looks awesome. I love the arrangement you have on the table! Congrats to you and Matt for the weight loss. You should be extremely proud of yourselves!

The Belangers said...

the dining room looks awesome!! :) Can't wait to see the bedroom. Just got yalls Christmas card the other day and yall look FABULOUS!!! love it! Keep blogging! I love reading them!

Lady Blachly said...

Oooooh, ahhhhh! That's really cool! BTW, love your table arrangement. Your new header picture is HOT! I love it!

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the tips! When I have some free time (and patience), I will definitely have to try it out!