Kate turned 3 months on July 22 but I am just now blogging about it. They say just make it to 3 months and things will be so much better. WE COULD NOT AGREE MORE! This was a rough beginning but Matt and I are figuring out parenthood as well as Kate is figuring out living in this world. She is such a happier baby, good eater, and getting better at sleeping.
Here are a few things this chunky kiddo is doing:
*I stepped on the scale with her so this is not accurate but maybe a ballpark figure with her weight of - 13.3 lbs.
*Sleeping in her big girl bed all the time, this started the day she turned 2 months!
*Will sleep about 6 hrs at night, up for a bottle, then back down for 3-4 more, and 3-4 more depending on if she can sleep or we need to leave the hours. Pretty much is in her bed for about 12 hours just broken up with 1-2 feedings.
*She is eating 4-6 ounces at each feeding, about every 2-3 hours during the day and is starting to go a little longer
*Usually takes a big nap somewhere in the day for 2-3 hours, but not totally consistent yet
*Level 2 Dr. Brown nipples- feedings are faster now!
*Started one bottle a day of soy formula on July 28, 2010 at 13.6 weeks old.
*Still loves to be swaddled to sleep
*Has found her fingers and thumb to suck
*Can roll from her back to tummy easily in her bed when she is swaddled
*Starting roll from back to tummy unswaddled on the floor play mat, is just getting one arm stuck
*Smiles a lot, cries less!
*Makes conversations with mommy and daddy-cooing, blowing bubbles, screeching
*Calms at the sound of our voices, unless just too upset and needs to be held as well
*Starting to wake up and just hang out in her crib being a very happy baby
*Is liking the car more and more
*Is wearing 3-6 months clothes and some are getting tight
So many changes and they happen so fast with babies. I only have 2 more weeks until I have to be back at work everyday. It's going to be hard but I know she will be in great hands and it is the best for our family. We love you sweet girl!
Here are a few things this chunky kiddo is doing:
*I stepped on the scale with her so this is not accurate but maybe a ballpark figure with her weight of - 13.3 lbs.
*Sleeping in her big girl bed all the time, this started the day she turned 2 months!
*Will sleep about 6 hrs at night, up for a bottle, then back down for 3-4 more, and 3-4 more depending on if she can sleep or we need to leave the hours. Pretty much is in her bed for about 12 hours just broken up with 1-2 feedings.
*She is eating 4-6 ounces at each feeding, about every 2-3 hours during the day and is starting to go a little longer
*Usually takes a big nap somewhere in the day for 2-3 hours, but not totally consistent yet
*Level 2 Dr. Brown nipples- feedings are faster now!
*Started one bottle a day of soy formula on July 28, 2010 at 13.6 weeks old.
*Still loves to be swaddled to sleep
*Has found her fingers and thumb to suck
*Can roll from her back to tummy easily in her bed when she is swaddled
*Starting roll from back to tummy unswaddled on the floor play mat, is just getting one arm stuck
*Smiles a lot, cries less!
*Makes conversations with mommy and daddy-cooing, blowing bubbles, screeching
*Calms at the sound of our voices, unless just too upset and needs to be held as well
*Starting to wake up and just hang out in her crib being a very happy baby
*Is liking the car more and more
*Is wearing 3-6 months clothes and some are getting tight
So many changes and they happen so fast with babies. I only have 2 more weeks until I have to be back at work everyday. It's going to be hard but I know she will be in great hands and it is the best for our family. We love you sweet girl!



3 comments:
Dang that is a sweet picture! I can't wait to see her!
You are doing so great and you've made it through the hardest part! Now it will just continue to get more and more fun! Love the picture!! She is such a sweet baby girl!
I had no idea there were multiple levels of Dr. Brown nipples! HA! I really need to pay more attention in the bottle section of target! Thanks to you, we bought some level two nipples today!! :)
Post a Comment