Well I have to say this has been my BEST first week of teaching in 6 years. I keep saying that I was very blessed this year with a great group of kids. Last year was extremely challenging so I am grateful that our admin realized I needed a break.
Yesterday we did an activity called Friendship Salad. The concept is making a fruit salad and adding all the yummy fruit (kids in the class, sweet words, helpers, etc.) and at the end to try to add a rotten banana. My kids were saying NO that is gross and one even said "it will ruin all the happiness". Exactly!!! So I threw it out once they promised to not act like the rotten banana all year. I then had my kids write how they would not be the rotten banana this year. No one refused to write, which usually happens. No one couldn't write something and most of them did more than I asked for! Wow I can get used to this group!!
Not much more going on with us. We ended summer by going up to Lake LBJ and taking a boat out for a little while. I learned how to wake board and it was awesome. Our boat driver got me up the first time and I was able to stay up the 3rd time. I was sore but well worth it! We are getting ready for family to come in town for my big 3-0 in a few weeks so that will be lots of fun!
No Sick Days Allowed
7 years ago


4 comments:
Yeah for a good first week!! Congrats!
My mom always says that a great class makes the whole year :)
A great group of kids makes all the differnece!
oops! *difference
Post a Comment