She is Growing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rock N Roll Marathon!

Matt has been training very hard and completed his first Half Marathon on Sunday, November 15, 2009. I was at the finish line to see him and WOW what an amazing feeling to see him do it. I was in awe of him all day long. To just think about where he was one and two years ago with his health and weight, no one could have thought he would become a runner and finish 13.1 miles. His chip time was 2 hours and 15 minutes. His brother David came in from Houston to run it as well. David had hopes of doing the full but that did not happen with his busy work schedule but he did the half. I missed seeing David finish because he kept saying he might not even finish because he had not trained. Oh well it was a great experience and I was so glad I went to see them at the end. We had another friend Matt from church run and I went down with Paige to watch the guys. What a smelly ride home, but it was well worth it!!



I love you babe and am SO proud of all your hard work and dedication!!!

1 comment:

Lady Blachly said...

Wow, that is certainly waaayy cool!! Good job, Matt!!